Upholstering My Couch. It has taken forever, since I have been trying to get this blog up and going, and also, because we travel quite a bit. Since we travel, it seems like I am always trying to get posts ready ahead of time, which means like the rest of you I'm sure, I don't always get everything done. So my goal this week is to finish the couch. Which means I may not blog quite as much. We will see how things go.
I am going to post pictures of what has been done on my couch. I had taken it all the way down to the frame, I have put new cotton batting on the couch and have covered it with muslin. I am getting ready to start sewing the fabric together for the front, back, and cushion of the couch. I will also be sewing the cording for the couch and the cushions. So this will be a busy week.
New burlap over springs on deck.
New pad on deck over burlap.
New cotton batting on arms.
New muslin over arm batting and deck padding.
Seeing the backside of the couch
I forgot to take a picture of the new cotton batting on the back of the couch, but
this is a picture of the muslin over the new cotton batting.
The couch is now covered with the new batting and muslin on the front, arms, and deck.
The cotton batting for the back and sides will not be put on until I have gotten the fabric over the front, deck, and arms. I have to be able to stretch the fabric in between different parts of the frame before I can add these batting to these other parts.
I hope that the re-upholstery project will be helpful to any of you who are thinking about doing something like this. I will say, it is not easy, and it is time very consuming. I was originally going to do two wing back chairs also, and I am not sure if I will do that now.
Find us at these great parties