I am going to give you a quick How to Make - Link Party Button and Featured Blogger Button for Blogger, but I would really recommend that you visit How to Make a Blog Button Grab Box on Paper Heart Camera for all of the directions.
How to Make - Link Party Button and Featured Blogger Button for Blogger
1. The first thing you will need to do is pick an image that you want to use for your button. I chose a picture that I had taken.
2. Next I worked in Photoshop to crop my image to a square and then I adjusted the size to 125 x 125 pixels. I am not familiar with a lot of other editing programs, but the Paper Heart Camera post suggests using photobucket. I think that you can do all of your editing in this program.
3. You can see the size that the picture was cropped to below. Next, I added the text to the pictures, until, I got them the way that I wanted them.
4. Next I uploaded them into photobucket, but if you are working in photobucket it is already there.
5. You will then to work on your html code so that you get your picture and your grab box together. The code below is what I used for my Link Party Grab Box. I did this in notepad. Just copy and paste.
<div align="center"> <a href="http://adornedfromabove.com" target="_blank"><img alt="Adorned From Above" src="http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w437/debrabolocofsky/77007e22.jpg" /></a> </div> <div align="center"> <form><textarea rows="4" cols="14"><center><a href="http://adornedfromabove.com" target="_blank"><img alt="Adorned From Above" src="http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w437/debrabolocofsky/77007e22.jpg" /></a></center></textarea></form> </div>
Change the red text to your blog's link
Change the blue text to the Name of You Blog
Change the fuscha text to the link for your picture in photobucket
6. To find the link for your picture in photobucket, you will click on your picture and you will see a box around the picture with several boxes of code beneath it. Click in the direct link box. It will say copied. Then just paste it over the link for my picture link.
7. Next, pick your gadget, it is the HTML/Java Third Party Script. Give it a name, I named my Link Party Button. Then I copied the text from Notepad and pasted it into my Widget's text box.
8. Save, and then I clicked Preview, to make sure that it looked right. If something is wrong, check your code and your different links.
9. It should be working fine. Again, since I am not an expert, I would refer back to How to Make a Blog Button Grab Box on Paper Heart Camera.
I hope that this helps you to make a Blog Button Grab Box if you haven't done one yet. It really helped me a lot. Let me know what you think. I always love hearing from you.