So today I have a recipe for Chocolate Covered Marzipan for all of you. My house is in full swing, getting ready for Valentine's Day. I have loads of new recipes that I am trying, and everyone seems to be very happy to be the guinea pigs. This first recipe is one that I have made many times over the years, but for some reason I didn't make them last year. I think I was busy baking and frying pastries and filling them with cream last year.
This year Valentine's Day is going to be loaded with candy. I have a new recipe for Peanut Butter Cups. I am making Chocolate Whopper Lips, Butterfingers, Turtles, Chocolate Mint Hearts, and Salted Chewy Caramel. I hopefully will have all of the recipes to you over the next two weeks. I will also tell you that I have found all of the new recipes on Pinterest. I love pinning. Half the time, I forget to pin my own stuff, but I do pin lots of yours. I am always grateful for all that you share with me every week.
Chocolate Covered Marzipan
7 oz Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips
5.29 oz Marzipan Rohmasse Extra Fine Baking Marzipan
Red and White Sugar Sprinkles
Have a cookie sheet with wax paper on it to put you candy on to harden.
1. Slice marzipan into 15 slices.
2. Roll slices into balls
3. Put chocolate chips into a bowl and into microwave.
4. Turn on microwave for 30 seconds and then stir chocolate chips.
5. Repeat step 4, 2 to 3 more times, or until chocolate is smooth when you stir it.
6. Next, put a marzipan ball into the chocolate and roll it around until it is well coated with the chocolate.
7. Then put the chocolate covered ball onto the cookie sheet.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you have covered all of the marzipan balls with chocolate.
9. Sprinkle the chocolate covered marzipan balls with the red and white sugar and let harden.
I put the chocolate covered marzipan balls in the small cupcake liners and in decorative boxes to give for gifts. I found these at Michael's. I'm sure you can find them other places also, that is just the closest place for me to find ones specifically for Valentine's Day.
I always love hearing from you. If you have any questions please let me know.