This recipe for Peanut Butter Cups is amazing. They taste just like Reese's! I was really surprised. I found the recipe at Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom. The recipe calls for graham cracker crumbs and I thought that was a little weird, but they turned out great. I did adjust her recipe a little, so that they wouldn't be quite so soft as the original recipe. I was also surprised at how easy they were to make, and I already had all of the ingredients, which was even better.
Peanut Butter Cups
3/4 cup creamy honey roasted peanut butter. (I used Skippy, but use your favorite brand)
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
2 TB graham cracker crumbs
1 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips
2 TB shortening
1 TB peanut butter
1. Put paper cupcake liners in 12 regular sized muffin cups.
2. Next, mix honey roasted peanut butter, powdered sugar, melted butter, and graham cracker crumbs together and set aside.
3. Put chocolate chips, shortening, and peanut butter, in a pan on the stove and melt over medium heat.
4. Once melted put chocolate in muffin cups and spread the chocolate 1/2 to 1/3 up the sides of each muffin cup.
5. Put the muffin pan in the freezer for 7 minutes.
6. Next, spoon peanut butter into each muffin cup, keeping it away from the sides of the muffin cup.
6. Then you will spoon the chocolate over the top of the peanut butter in each muffin cup, making sure that it meets the chocolate in the bottom of the cup.
I put the muffin pan in the freezer again to harden everything up. I left it for about an hour.
Makes 12 peanut butter cups.
I must say, this recipe is truly amazing. They taste like you are eating Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, except they are bigger, which is a good thing in my book. I hope you like the recipe. I always love hearing from you.
Have a great week.
Find us at these great parties