Sharper Then A Two Edged Sword
I am sharing this link and picture of the book Sharper then a Two-Edged Sword by Andrew Wommack, so that you can buy the book. I would like to do a bible study once a week on the chapters in this book. I started leading this class at my church, Orchard Road Christian Center in February, and found that I would like to share the information online. I have learned so much, and found that the more I read of the bible and the book, the better understanding I have of what God is trying to tell us. For instance, I did not understand before this class, that once we invite Christ into our hearts we receive the Holy Spirit. Before this, I thought that receiving Christ and the Holy Spirit were two separate things.
I am sure there are many of you who already knew this information, and a Christian who is leaning everyday about God's Gifts to us. I hope that you find this helpful, and I would love any and all input. I always love hearing from people, and what they have to say. I am hoping that we can start conversations about these questions. I will be using the information from the sheets that I used in the class, I will use the questions from the lessons and give some of the scripture that I feels helps answer the questions.
So now, onto Chapter 1 - Lesson 1 - True Christianity
I love this scripture, and felt that it was important to start with.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever
believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Now if any of you watch football, you have seen this all football season, because Tim Tebow former Denver Bronco, is an outspoken advocate of his Christianity. I live in Denver, this made me very happy this year. I am so sorry that they traded him. What a role model he is for our young people!!!
1. Why should I believe that Jesus actually lived or that He was anything more then a good man who taught who with wisdom?
There are prophesies in the Bible that tell us that God is going to send someone to us.
- But, Bethlehem, Ephrathah, though you are still little among the thousand of Judah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The one to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from old, From Everlasting. Micah 5:2
- Isaiah 53:3 to 53:12 talks about the Messiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised and we did not esteem Him. 4. surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted. 5. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. 6. All we like sheep have gone astray, We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. 7. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as sheep before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth. 8. He was taken from prison and from judgment, And who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; For the transgressions of My people He was stricken. 9. And they made His grave with the wicked- But with the rich at His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was any deceit in His mouth. 10:Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief, When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand. 11. He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities. 12. Therefore I will divide the spoil with the strong, Because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many, And made intercession for the transgressors.
- Psalm 22:16 For the dogs have surrounded Me; The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet.
- And last but not least Matthew 3:13 - 3:17 - if you read this, God declared that Jesus was his son. He said it out loud at the baptism. He declared it from Heaven.
- God became a man and lived on earth through Jesus Christ so that we could have and intimate relationship with Him. When Adam and Eve were created they were born with the Spirit, and when the ate from the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil their spirits died. There became a spiritual separation from God. (Gen 2) After that all man was born of sin, except for Jesus, because he was born of a virgin. There was no sin passed to him. (Isiah 7:14 & Matthew 1:23 Sin is the barrier that separates us from God. Jesus was God in flesh and he lived a sinless life. He died on the cross for our sins, he took our punishment. Christ has paid for all of our sins. There is only one sin that separates us from God. That is when we do not accept Jesus. We have eternal salvation through the acceptance of Jesus. (Acts 4:12
- John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- I think this sums it up. You can not get to heaven through works. We would never be good enough. How would we know what is good enough for God? He is perfect, we are men and we are flawed, now matter how hard we try, we can never be perfect enough. That is why we have to accept Jesus.
- Rom 3:23 All of us have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
- John 3:5 Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
- Being born of the water is our natural birth, but being born of the Spirit is accepting Jesus Christ in your heart. When we accept Christ in our heart we receive the spirit. We are then no longer separated from God.
- We receive our relationship with God, it is not something we earn. We can not buy our way into heaven with good deeds. This is what separates Christianity from other religions. We do not earn our relationship, we receive it.
- There is so much more then getting into heaven. Being born again means that you can have a personal relationship with God. It means that you can talk to him and hear what he has to say. Being born again.
- John 17:3 Tells us that Jesus died to give us eternal life and and eternal relationship with God. Jesus died to give us this. There are many blessings that God wants to bestow upon you, and this is done through Jesus.
- Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and you believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved
If you have any questions please feel free to send me a message