Today I am presenting you with Candied Bacon Wrapped Crackers. I don't know how many of you like bacon, but my family loves it. It is a recipe that originally came from my grandfather's wife, and I don't make them a lot, but I made them for Easter. They were a big hit.
They are pretty simple to make and not very time consuming. Maybe about 30 minutes from start to finish. So give them a try.
Candied Bacon Wrapped Crackers
1 packet of Club Crackers (the box has 4)
2 lbs bacon (each strip cut in half)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet or cookie sheet with sides with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Put the brown sugar in a bowl and add the water. Stir. (It should be very thick)
3. Next, you will wrap 1/2 of a strip of bacon around a Club Cracker.
4. Then dredge the cracker and in the brown sugar/water mixture and lay on your baking sheet.
5. Repeat this until you have used all of your bacon.
6. If you run out of the sugar/water make a little more, if you have some left you can brush it over the bacon and crackers on the baking sheet.
7. Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the bacon is browned and crispy around the crackers.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes and then serve.
I hope you like my Candied Bacon Wrapped Crackers. They are a really fun appetizer to serve and definitely unusual. Your friends and family will love them.
I always love hearing from you. Have a great week.