I made this cute Turquoise Ring for Charly last week and I thought that it would make a great tutorial. It was pretty easy to do and I think it came out really cute. This is the first piece of metal jewelry that I have made since college and that was a very long time ago. This was a really fun project.
Turquoise Ring Tutorial
needle nose pliers
Aluminum Ring Stick marked with sizes
Individual finger gauges for ring sizes
Jewelry pliers for bending wire
14 gauge silver tarnish free wire
1 turquoise bead
First I want to apologize for not having more pictures. I didn't have my memory card in my camera, so these are the only ones I got.
1. Cut an 8 inch piece of wire.
2. If the hole in the bead is not big enough to put the wire through, then you will need to need to make the whole bigger with the reamer.
3. Then put the bead on the wire.
4. Find the ring size that you want and then start wrapping your wire around the Ring stick to shape the ring.
5. Wrap the wire around the gauge a second time.
6. I then took the wire over the top of the bead on one side and then did it the other way to hold the bead in place.
6. Next, I squeezed the wires at the side of the ring together.
7. Then I wrapped the wire at the side of the ring around the two wires to hold them together and look decorative.
I love the way this Turquoise Ring came out and so did Charly. She put it on as soon as I gave it to her. I hope that you like it also. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. I always love hearing from you.
Have a great week.