Today I was going to share Drunken Gummy Bears with all of you. Unfortunately, this recipe was a fail. I found several blogs online that had Gummy Bears soaked in vodka. I followed the directions, but they really just turned into a huge blob in the vodka. I also didn't really love the taste. They really had a strong vodka taste, rather then the vodka tasting like gummy bears. I was sad that they weren't as good at the jelly bean infused vodka. I am going to share the recipe with all of you, and you may want to do some research also, maybe you can make a better batch then I did.
Drunken Gummy Bears
1 8 oz bag of gummy bears
1 1/4 cups good vodka (I used Ketel One)
1. Put the gummy bears in a jar. I used a one pint mason jar.
2. Pour the vodka over the gummy bears.
3. Let sit for 2 to 3 weeks.
4. After 2 weeks they tasted just okay, but were kind of a huge chunk of gummy bears
5. After week 3 they were a little more separate, but still tasted pretty strong. They may be more like jello shots then anything else, but they are very loose and liquidy.
Makes a 1 pint jar of Drunken Gummies
Sorry, that I don't have something better for you today. Next week I will make sure to have a great Happy Hour Cocktail.
Have a great weekend.