Today we have a recipe for Oopsies which is a gluten free bread recipe. I found the recipe at The Diet Doctor and it's good. It does not taste like traditional bread, but it tasted really great with cream cheese, like a bagel. I am always up for trying a new recipe and I will make this one again
3 1/2 oz cream cheese softened
pinch of salt
1/2 TB Fiberhusk / psyllium seed husks ( can be excluded) ( I used my Renew Life Organic Triple Fiber with flaxseed, oat bran, and acacia)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Separate your eggs. Yolks in one bowl and whites in another.
2. Whip your egg whites with salt until very stiff.
3. In a separate bowl mix your egg yolks, cream cheese, fiber, and baking powder until well blended. (I used the fiber and baking powder and found that they made it taste more like bread)
4. Fold your egg whites into the egg yolk mixture very gently so that your egg whites don't break down.
5. Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray and put 6 to 8 Oopsies on the baking sheet. I did 6 Oopsies and each one was a little smaller then a salad plate.
6. Bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden.
Makes 6 to 8 Oopsies.
You can use them as bread, a hot dog bun, or you can try using or two for hamburger buns. Again, I spread cream cheese on mine and it was delicious eating it like a bagel. I tasted one plain, it was a little eggy tasting, so I probably would not eat on plain.
I hope you like this recipe. I thought is was good, a little limited in use, but good. I always love hearing from you.